Is getting an oil change really that important? Yes, for many different reasons. It’s one of the simplest parts of car maintenance, but it’s important for your vehicle’s smooth operation. Keeping up with routine maintenance like oil changes can help you avoid serious issues and costly repairs, and it helps your vehicle maintain its value. If you need convincing, we’ll explain why this is.
- Do you know what oil changes are? Your engine’s motor oil helps lubricate its parts, which is important because your engine is a hot place where pieces of metal rub against each other. Heat and friction can wear out the parts of your engine, but a coating of motor oil reduces the friction and keeps them running longer without damage. When you get an oil change, your engine’s old oil is drained and replaced with fresh oil. When friction occurs without oil, then the vehicle will have permanent damage.
- Why must the oil be changed? Oil lasts longer than it used to, and technology is continually improving. That’s why you don’t necessarily need to change your oil every 3,000 miles; modern engines can go further than that without needing an oil change. Eventually, however, oil is dirtied by deposits on the parts of the engine, and as it takes on these impurities, it becomes less effective.
- Regular oil changes improve performance. When impurities in the oil make your engine stop running as smoothly as it should, the ride and driving experience becomes less enjoyable. When your vehicle isn’t running at its best, it also impacts your gas mileage, making a difference to your wallet and the environment.
- A well-lubricated engine is less likely to require repair. When oil becomes too full of contaminants, it turns to sludge and ceases to lubricate your engine effectively. When this happens, heat builds up in the engine, and moving parts begin to damage each other. By the time you realize there is a problem, your engine could be seriously damaged. Repairing that damage can end up being far more expensive than keeping up with oil changes would have been.
- You’ll reap the benefits of regular maintenance. Regular oil changes can prolong the life of your vehicle. What’s more, when it’s time to sell it or trade it in, you’ll get a better price if your vehicle is well-maintained.
- Do oil changes require a professional? Some owners choose to do their oil changes themselves. However, having a professional mechanic change your oil is a great way to catch any issues before becoming a major problem.
When your car needs a full-service oil change, trust All Tune and Lube to keep it running smoothly. We have the expertise to handle your car care, and we do it without stretching your wallet further than necessary. When it’s regular maintenance or a problem with your transmission, you can trust us to get the job done right. Call us today at 714-871-4144 or contact us through our website.